View the embedded image gallery online at:
Click on a thumbnail to see the details of that event.
Workshop on Narrative Therapy
Workshops & Training
Since its inception the MHF team has held several workshops and training programs with schools such as La Martiniere for Boys, St James School, Birla High School, Apeejay School, and Future Hope. The workshop topics that are covered with schools are -
- Promoting learning and maintaining discipline- a positive approach
- Links between mental well being and learning
- Parenting skills
- Identifying and helping children with learning problems- a practical school based approach for teachers
- Ways to adapt the curriculum for children with learning problems
- Identifying and helping children with emotional and behavioral problems
- Partnership with parents to promote healthy school environment
- Dealing with suicide and self harm
- The Right to Education Act and preparing for inclusion
The MHF team has also been at the forefront of organizing high quality, low cost conferences on Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Mental Health Legislation, School Mental Health for multidisciplinary staff across the spectrum of service providers and carers. Some of the training programs are listed below -
- Staff training on Building Resilience in Young People at Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy, Kolkata
- A two-day workshop on Healing With Arts: Intervention for Traumatized Children in January 2012 in Association with Department of Psychology, West Bengal State University with Rachel Lev-Wiesel, PhD., a Professor and Chair of the Graduate School of Creative Art Therapies, University of Haifa, Israel
- Conference and Workshop on Challenges in Meeting Mental Health Needs of Children and Adolescents in Schools by Professor Shekhar Sheshadri, Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Schools That Care with Dr Reena Sen, Executive Director,IICP, Kolkata.
- Workshop on Development & Learning Disorder with Dr Vibha Krishnamurty, Consultant developmental Pediatrician, Mumbai
- A two-day conference on Mental Health Care Bill (2012) with Professor Vikram Patel, Sangath, Goa, Prof Sanjeev Jain, NIMHANS, Bangalore and others
- A two-day workshop on Incest & Child Sexual Abuse with Anuja Gupta, Rahi Foundation, New Delhi
- A one-day conference on Fragile X Syndrome: Linking Brain, Behaviour and Genes with Ummeed (Mumbai), Fragile X Society, India
- A two-day conference on Autism Spectrum Disorders: Life in the Mainstream organised by The Asiatic Society, Autism Society West Bengal, Mental Health Foundation, Kolkata